Financial Accounting Manager at Multi National Pharmaceutical Company
This role will manage the preparation, accuracy and governance of financial accounts and reports, prepare tax return and AFS, and manage payments and collections
- Support the accounting team in month-end closing tasks and ensure timely quarterly and annual closing activities for respective areas of responsibility, in full compliance and of high quality.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, responsible for the financial accuracy of affiliate financial statements.
- Responsible for all documentation relating to internal financial reporting controls (ICFR) and internal control matters, act as owner of the ICFR – INVOLVE and BWISE tools
- Examine the monthly balance sheet reconciliation – monitor open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
- Submit other report packages accurately and within specified time frame i.e. durability, assurance reports.
- Responsible for issues related to IFRS 16 Leasing, namely SimSol / Planon.
- Review and approve all manual journal entries to be published by the SSC Budapest team.
- Responsible for all aspects of management accounting i.e. period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SSC allocation, etc.
Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable – reviewing and approving manual billings, reviewing the age of accounts receivable and determining follow-up actions, ensuring all sales-related activities are reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable – reviewing and approving accounts payable activities i.e. vendor invoices, payments etc.
- Cash flow management – forecast current and future cash flow needs and arrangements for necessary fund transfers (if applicable).
- Responsible for all treasury matters i.e. foreign exchange transactions, credit facilities, payment requests, banking matters.
- Master data management – Chart of accounts, Cost center, Profit center. WBS, supplier and customer master data, etc.
- Preparation of statutory tax calculations and reconciliation, including tax returns and liaison with tax advisor.
- Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaison with the auditor.
- Participate in all compliance audits and respond to audit requests.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with management for continuous improvement opportunities in areas of operation.
- Be the primary contact person for SSC Budapest Finance teams for problem solving for all financial matters.
- To be the main contact person for FM in the branches for all financial matters, inquiries and advice.
The successful candidate must be in possession of:
- Appropriate financial qualification preferably a CIA
- 5-7 years of accounting experience in a multinational company
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus
- Computer literacy in financial software packages and MS Office suite
Must have knowledge of:
- GAAP and IFRS
- Tax laws and regulations
- Internal control procedures
This demanding position requires the following experience and skills:
- Ability to see the big picture, show initiative and make timely decisions
- Planning / prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good influence and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and persuade.
- Analytical skills combined with systems thinking and project management
- Excellent collaborative skills
- personal skills
- excellent analytical skills
- decision making
- Technical accounting
Desired qualification level:
About the employer:
Leading multinational pharmaceutical company
Employer and benefits:
Find out more / Apply for this position